Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 7D2, Sigma 150-600 C
ISO 400, f7.1, 1/3200s, hand held

@allensparks.wildlife
2 Likes

Sweet. I had no idea they were this light when young. Juvie GBH’s are more like the adults, just without the color yet. They’re sort of a tannish amalgam. That wing is tremendous & I love the green feet and legs. Do they stay that color? We don’t get the little blues way up here. Just GBHs and greenies.

Thanks @Kris_Smith , the legs seem to darken over time. Thanks for the comment!

Allen, this is a fine flyby view with excellent details in the bird. It took me several bird book searches before I figured out that these light colored herons were immature Little Blues, but those green legs are characteristic.

Hi Allen
Nice flyby. This is the first pure white juvenile Little Glue I have seen. You did a great job controlling the whites and the detail in the wind. Hope you don’t mind this is the post is the first time, I photograph a juvenile Little Blue.
Nice work.
Peter

This Egret really stands out well against the background and to me, that is what makes this picture work. Very nice to get an in-flight shot with a superb background. Exposure and detail on the plumage are pretty good. And you had enough light to take this with a reasonable ISO.

Excellent, Allen. Great job on the whites. I really like the flight pose.