Little Red Head

Baby gorillas still have a longish fur that turns red when sunlit. This little one came close and looked at me over his shoulder. Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, Uganda.

What technical feedback would you like if any? ANY

What artistic feedback would you like if any? ANY

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

@ingridvekemansphotography

1 Like

He sure has his eye on you trying to figure out what you are doing maybe. Nice portrait, Ingrid.

Tremendous lighting, focus, negative space is just a touch generous, but still nothing i would necessary say detracts from this incredible portrait. Interesting to capture a youth alone…speaks to an interesting story.

Hi Ingrid,

The pose with that bright area in the BG is ideal. An awesome photo…Jim

Love the soulful look, lighting and the gaze ! The BG is adding so much to the image !

Cheers !

Cool to see this with a gold background, since greens and darker tones are so common in their habitat. Very nice, Ingrid.

Max

I am not sure how i could have missed this incredible photo, but I did. Congratulation on the editors-pick. It is rightly deserved. It would make a great page in a magazine with the room on the right for text. Perhaps: “What lies ahead for us?”