Happy Feet II

Wishing you all the best voor 2020. Hopefully you’ve been able to put your feet up and relax during the holidays!

What technical feedback would you like if any? ANY

What artistic feedback would you like if any? ANY

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Mountain gorilla, Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, Uganda

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

A really cute perspective, Ingrid, with the feet only. Love the back lighting on the fur. Well seen and captured.

A wonderfully creative composition. From the thumbnail I couldn’t see what was going on and I’m really glad I opened the image. Very nice. I to believe there is a heavy gree/yellow cast most evident in the feet. I’d look at removing that cast for an even stronger image.

Hi Ingrid !
Great opening shot ! Without looking at the name, I knew that it was your image. :smile:
Very beautiful and symbolic too !
I may selectively blur the BG.
All the best for 2020 !

Ingrid: creativity at its best. My only nit would be to remove the color cast in the gorilla’s feet. Richard

@Richard_Sandor and @Keith_Bauer, thanks for your tip. I have tried to remove the yellow cast (which is caused by reflections on the jungle foliage), which I’m not in the habit of doing, so I’d like to have your opinion if the update is better or not? Or overdone?
Thanks again!
Grt, Ingrid.

@JRajput, thanks for your tip but I try to blur with the possibilities of my camera, lens and POV, not afterwards, that’s just my credo :upside_down_face:

@Shirley_Freeman, thanks for your appreciation!
Grt, Ingrid.

1 Like

@Ingrid_Vekemans I think the repost is an improvement but I would still like to see a bit more of the cast removed. I fully understand that the cast is created from the jungle foliage, and our cameras pick it up, but our eyes automatically compensate and we’d see the feet more black with less cast. I’ve done a little adjustment to see what I think it might look like. See what you think.

Keith

@Keith_Bauer, thanks for the effort you made to help on this one, your version looks much better, I’ll go ahead and try to achieve the same. Thanks again, Ingrid.

I am a big fan of the home of happy feet. This has wonderful color and form. I actually appreciate all the green shades.