Loch Ness Monster

Actually a Nutria from Ridgefield NWR where they are an invasive pest. I liked the triple hump against the silver water and can just imagine how this would look if viewed through heavy fog where the sense of scale is lost.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any processing artifacts that you notice? There wasn’f a lot done to this except cleaning up some spots on the water and jazzing up the brightness and microcontrast of the critter a bit.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Does this long skinny crop work? There wasn’t anything very interesting above or below except silver water, so I decided to minimize those areas.

Any pertinent technical details:

7DII, Sigma 150-600 C @ 267 mm, beanbag on car window, f/8, 1/800, iso 2000, manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

nice catch Dennis. Looks good and sharp and I can see your dilemma about skinny. This is a tough one but good eye on the “Nessie” resemblance.

Fun shot, Dennis. Does remind me of Nessie. Your long crop suits the subject well. I wasn’t aware that Nutria were in your area, thought they were only at lower latitudes.

Unfortunately, they’re in most of the refuges up here. I’m not sure about further north. They really become visible when the ponds and canals freeze over.

I like this, Dennis. Creatively presented!

Like the high-key treatment here and the circular waves around the face really add to the frame.

Really nice image - the high-key as well as the comp work fine.
Congrats on the EP!
Sandy