Long-billed Thrasher

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
Canon 5D4 500F4 1/2000 F8, iso 500, Gitzo tripod, Wimberley head, blind
From Santa Clara Ranch in Texas, feeders and water features.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Wonderful light and the splashes are great, Nate. The open beak gives the bird the look of really enjoying itself.

Pretty cool shot Nate–No nits from me……………….Jim

Sweet! Not the tiniest nit from me.
Love the detail, colours, and tack-sharp flying water drops.
S

This one certainly lives up to the Thrasher moniker, Nate. Fun stuff :wink:

Same here, no nits from me. The eye immediately grabs me in the sea of water droplets. That is an awesome image design.

Wonderful behavioral image! Love the water drops and the detail is great. Striking eye. Well done!

You nailed that one, Nate ! Love the water droplets and the birds pose & expression. The colours and light are awesome, showing the droplets wonderfully. Wish it were mine :wink: … Cheers, Hans

Really cool action, and I love that you got the eye clear of any droplets. And great droplet spread, by the way. Evenly-spread texture is something that’s an underrated factor in this types of shots. Fantastic color too.

Is anyone else seeing this as tilted? I first noticed that the ring of splashing water around the base of the thrasher is leaning up and to the right. And the reflected droplet lines also seem to be at an angle. It gives the impression that the image could use a slight clockwise rotation.

Max

Now that you mention it, Max. I took it into PS and checked those reflections streaks and it does look like it needs a bit of rotation. Good catch.

Thanks guys, yes it needed about 1 degree of cw rotation.

I love the colors and light from that place. You nailed that one. Great action and sharpness. Beautiful!