Look Out Below! W/ Repost

Revised Image:

Original:

Day 3 of the Oregon Coast trip with @John_Williams. The fog wasn’t as bad here as most places we visited, and it was a great place for Pelicans. I have a series of this guy flying from one spot on the rocks to another only a few feet away. They aren’t the most graceful birds around but they are entertaining to watch.

Specific Feedback Requested

All comments welcome

Technical Details

D850, 150-600 at 600mm, f 6.3, 1/6400 sec, ISO 800 handheld

An interesting image with the little hop from the pelican. I like the bird just below the one that is hopping up, but the one on the left edge is a significant distraction.

Here’s a version with that cropped off and a couple of adjustments to the birds / background to create a bit more separation.

1 Like

I’ll have to see if you post others to compare, but my memory is this was my favorite of your images and I love the title. I think @Keith_Bauer’s adjustments make it even better. (That guy to the left isn’t bringing much to the party.)

Nicely done Sir!

Thanks for the comments @Keith_Bauer and @John_Williams! I agree the image is better without the bird on the left so I attached a new version at the top. Thanks for the suggestion Keith! John, I’m going to post the sequence of this guy’s flight.

1 Like

Lovely capture of a beautiful bird! The colour of the sandy background compliments the brilliant red colour. I do find the horizontal line behind and near the birds head distracting. Would that be hard to “erase” in PS?
Thanks for posting. This photo inspired me to look up this bird to learn more