#2 Updated:

Original:

#3 Updated:

Original:

#4:

#5:

#6 Updated:

Original:

More from the Oregon Coast trip with @John_Williams.

This is a sequence of 6 images showing the approximately 20 foot flight of this pelican. It is the same pelican I posted earlier. It was windy so it probably would have been easier for him to just waddle over.

Specific Feedback Requested

All comments welcome

Technical Details

D850, 150-600 at 600 mm, f 6.3, 1/6400 sec, ISO 800 for all images

2 Likes

A nice series, Steve. I normally think of pelicans on calm waters, so that stormy background adds extra spice. I especially like the fourth shot, but they’re all excellent!

These are a wonderful series of pelican shots, Steve. The first shot the pelican seems a little flat. Maybe a little more contrast and sharpening. I do likes the position and it’s nice to have it off center. I like the second one’s position a lot, but feel it could use a tad more contrast on the bird too. Between three and four, I like four because of the contrast and I like the birds position too. I find five very comical and like it a lot. I also like the big wave coming in from the URC. The last one I feel the pelican is just a little to close to the one on the ground. The photo before it has more separation. I also like the background waves you captured on all of these images. These are all good shots. The contrast I suggested is just my preference and I’m sure others might feel differently. Good job on capturing these BIF. It’s not easy to do.

Excellent series, Steve. I agree that the 4th shot seems to be the most dynamic, but I think the last has a potential to be equally good except it needs a touch more of the rock added on the bottom. I suspect you could steal that from the previous image.

Hi Steve
Well I am voting for the second shot, I has the best contrast and feather detail. I would be happy to walk away with any of this photographs.
Peter

Fun shots with very nice detail! These guys seem to be good at just avoiding landing on another one’s head.

Thank you @Mike_Friel, @Donna_Callais, @Dennis_Plank, @peter and @Diane_Miller for your comments. Long delay at responding - I spent the last week with Covid. Fortunately I’m fully vaccinated so it was a very mild case and I’m feeling healthy again.

I’ve made changes to images 1, 2, 3 and 6 based on your feedback (I’m really testing the limits of the system with 10 images in 1 post :grin:). Thanks again for your feedback!

1 Like

Nice job on the reworks. I like the contrast you added. It really makes the pelican pop now.

Donna said it! Very nice reworks!

Excellent job on the updates, Steve.