Loon Feeding Chick (s)

fortunate to be able to capture this precious moment

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
Background has been blurred and a minor vignette added

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
2 Likes

A wonderful behavioral image, Karl. I really like the way you chose to compose this by going with just the head of the adult to keep the youngsters large enough to have some presence in the frame.

2 Likes

Killer shot, Karl ! Quite a intimate portrait of this little family. Nice angle of view and great behaviour captured. Well done ! Cheers, Hans

1 Like

Yes, very fortunate and excellent job capturing the interaction. Great image.

1 Like

Terrific capture Karl…Love seeing the eye of all three birds and the interaction is great. Is that an insect larvae being fed to the chicks? Really interesting. A super frame well composed.

Wonderful color, detail, and behavioral context. Even though I’m quite happy with the crop, I could see a little more room on the left side. Not a big deal but just a little curious to see what it would look like.

Thanks Allen - I think it is - pretty big isn’t it ?

Becomes more pano - i do have the space though - thanks Davis

Wow. This is awesome. I can’t believe you have all three on the same focal plane. What was your aperture? No nits from me.

Thanks Lyle
1/2500 sec F/6.3 / ISO 1250 - 600mmlens

That is a spectacular image Karl, beautiful lighting, great interaction and I like the comp with both babies included, congrats.

Very generous of you Nate @Nate_Chappell - thanks