Yours or Mine

Critique Style Requested: In-depth

The photographer has shared comprehensive information about their intent and creative vision for this image. Please examine the details and offer feedback on how they can most effectively realize their vision.

Self Critique

The story telling

Background a bit too busy ?

Creative direction

Simply looked to capture the moment hwich says it all

Specific Feedback

ANy suggestions welcome

Technical Details

1/2000 sec, iso 6.3, ISO 1250

600 mm prime on a Nikon D4S body in 2014 - processed this morning :slight_smile:

Description

Photographed in the early hours as the sun hit the horizon on a electric motor pontoon - fortunately was able to get down to their world

1 Like

Wow Karl I think this is fabulous! Great low perspective and awesome to see the eyes of all three. Wonderful moment captured. Wonder what kind of morsel the adult is offering - looks like it might be some kind of underwater insect invertebrate. Not sure on that. Glad you pulled this out of your archives to process now and share with us. Well done!

Background? What background? I was too busy taking in the detail on the adults head and the story of the chicks being offered food. I certainly don’t think the background distracts at all.
You have captured a beautiful moment here…well done!

1 Like

I totally agree with @Robena.Sirett, Dennis - what background? Great shot!

Karl, what a great capture of mama and the babies at feeding time. The low eye level position really helps make the shot, as well as the behavior, wonderful details, composition, etc.

Excellent, Karl. The background is perfect for my taste-just enough texture to show that it’s probably vegetation and it adds a bit of extra color. The low angle and the interaction are superb.

Superb interaction. DOF is perfect. Fine image.

Thak you @Robena.Sirett , @Allen_Sparks , @linda_mellor , @Dennis_Plank , @Shirley_Freeman , @David_Schoen - all generous comments - will the background as is - no surgery :slight_smile:

1 Like

OH man I am so jealous. What an amazing moment. Incredible how small the chicks are when they start out. And yeah, who notices the background in this? It’s soft and uniform so it doesn’t call attention to itself. The sharpness throughout is really stunning - both chicks and the parent with all those drops. You even got the iridescence on the collar! Just super. Is that a dragonfly nymph on offer?