Lost in the flower Updated

This flower in AZ blooms only 1 day, so it is hard to be there when it does. Lots of cactus in the area that blooms this flower so that helps. The bees like the flower.

Specific Feedback Requested

This was made into a square crop, a second flower was to the right of this one but not all there and some out of focus. The bee was really lost in the picture with that second flower so I cropped it. The bee and the flower are the subject so not sure if more of a crop is needed to focus more on the bee. However, we all know the size of the bee so the flower is large.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 6D ii Canon 100-400 ii at 227mm F/13 ISO 400. The bright pedals on the lower right are from the sun, a shade would have helped here.

Dean: Wonderful subject. For me the flower is the main subject and the bee is a supporting element so I would not be too concerned about its relative size. My cropping suggestion would be to go enough tighter to completely fill the frame with the flower. Nice find and a fine capture. >=))>

Thanks Bill, I was wondering if that was the way I should have go. I do think that helps.

1 Like

Yes, Bill, I agree with @Bill_Fach about the crop. Love the colors and detail you’ve gotten in the filaments and anthers. Great photo and nicely done.

Dean, the repost is perfect. The placement of the bee is really nice, the square crop really works, and especially with the tighter crop. You were very fortunate to be there when the bloom was there, and the bee is a nice addition.