Lucky Strike - repost

Followed advice of @Harley_Goldman and brought down sky and cliff a bit.

The Lucky Strike uranium mine in the San Raphael Swell was operated by three men over 60 years old with sledge hammers and hand trucks from 1949 for many years and operated until 1991.
Funny, but even though the house appeared fully abandoned, it seemed like trespassing to look inside, so I did not.

Digital Rebel Xti (2006 entry-level EOS technology)

1 Like

Great sky to go with that old shack. I might experiment with bringing down the highlights a bit to make it a bit more forlorn and match the old shack?

Good perception. I expect I will need to dampen the cliff as well. We shall see.

Dick: Cool scene and I really like how you presented it. Top notch.>=))>

Dick, the mix of old house, tall cliffs and stormy sky makes a somber scene. It feels like there’s too much orange in the lower ground. It’s pretty amazing how recently some of these “old mines and mining towns” were finally abandoned.

1 Like

I think you are right about the orange FG. When burning for vignette, saturation goes up. I did not readjust that.

I grew up in Salt lake City and remember well the Utah uranium boom which began in the 1950s because my father’s version of purchasing lottery tickets was buying uranium “penny stocks” and he and my mother would argue about it.

Interesting … Sounds like a Wallace Stegner family story.