Old Homestead

This one goes way back. One of my only 35mm sized images left. All the rest are MF or LF images. In fact, this was with Kodachrome 25. So, it’s a nostalgic look back for me. My scanner will scan up to 3200 ppi without interpolation. It can scan up to 6200 with interpolation. As a result I made a fair 16x20 for a neighbor about 4 years ago now.
Anyway, not sure this was a real homestead or part of the old movie set for Shane. In review of the movie I never saw this one crop up but a few others I did. Most are all gone to a prairie fire years ago now.

Paul: I do believe this is part of the original Mormon Row colony. The last time we visited the Tetons was 2011 and I’m pretty sure it was still there. I love the mood created by the clouds and snow covered mountains. Was this early fall or late spring? The wildflowers and sage look a bit too fresh to be a fall image but perhaps there had been enough moisture to green things up. >=))>

1 Like

@Bill_Fach… Thanks so much for the review & comment. I’m sure this was leading into spring or very early summer. The 7 or 8 times I made the trek to the area it was always post winter… :cowboy_hat_face:

A fine looking derelict cabin with a stunning background. The flowers add a great disconnect to the bleak buildings. Very well done, Paul.

1 Like

Paul, having the Tetons and the sky gray really lets the old house and shed stand out along with the wildflowers and grasses in the foreground. I’m intrigued by the dark line that wiggles from the house to the left edge. Is that remnants of a barbed wire fence?

1 Like

Mark, very good eye. Thanks for the review and comment too. I looked at the PSD large file and yes it is a squiggly piece of wire of some sort. … :cowboy_hat_face: