Lupine Abstract

This is a ten shot in camera exposure from a lupine field in Maine. These are always fun to do as you can handhold and don’t necessarily have to worry about everything being tack sharp; although I do try to use faster shutter speeds. With a Nikon you can set up to ten shots and they are combined in camera. All you have to do is slightly move the camera and trip the shutter. They do not always work but sometimes you can come away with something nice. As always thanks for your thoughts.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

All C&C welcome.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

All C&C welcome.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
Nikon D700, Nikon 28-70 @ 70 mm, f 8 @ 1/200 sec, ISO 200, handheld

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Ed, I’m am liking this a lot! I think one of my Canon’s will let me do this, so I may need to try this sometime. The pastel colors and the shapes of the Lupine just make this work nicely. Sounds like fun, so I will try to remember to try this out.

Ed: I love this kind of in camera fun stuff. I don’t have multiple exposure on my Sonys but there are plenty of other toys. I think this is excellent in every respect. :+1::+1:>=))>

You know I thoroughly enjoy this image. It is colorful, has structure, and pleasing to view. Although blurred it still is obvious what the subject is. Nice.