MAKE A WISH

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

During my last trip to the Mara and Lake Magadi, my greatest wish was that a leopard would show up at the night photography hut in Lentorre. During the first few minutes of our first evening there, I was still explaining the settings to my participants, when I suddenly saw a silhouette of a cat approaching. And sure enough, it was a leopard! I walked back and forth between the participants to see if they were doing well and the leopard (now with its cub) had disappeared before I could pick up my camera. Everyone had nice photos, so that completely made up for my own loss. Still, I kept hoping that the leopard would appear again. Fortunately, the third night the beautiful animal treated us to another short visit. Or how a wish can become true…

Lentorre Lodge, Lake Magadi, Kenya​

Technical Details

1/500s
f/2,8
3600 ISO
200mm
Nikon D850
Slight crop

2 Likes

Wow, that’s a great story and outcome even if you didn’t get a photo of the youngster. I love your low angle and the tongue action. Those paws are something, too. Such power and presence here even when doing something we all have to do every day. I think the composition works well because the cat has room to look into. They never miss anything do they? Colors look like they should given the light, too. Killer reflection! Congratulations on your dream coming true.

It is beautifully captured and very well composed !

Cheers !

Wow is right! Fantastic capture, Ingrid.

What a beautiful image you’ve captured Ingrid! Perseverance certainly paid off for you. Well composed, with the cat just off center looking diagonally across the frame. Love those eyes too. So how was this lit?

Thanks so much everyone for your appreciation :sunflower:
@Jim_Lockhart , as it is an overnight photography hide, they use big spotlights that can be switched on or off from inside the hide.
Grtz, Ingrid.