Male Barking Deer

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Usually a very shy deer, that can climb on to a vertical wall.

Specific Feedback

ANY…

Technical Details

Canon R 5; 500 mm; ISO 5000; 1/1250 sec. at f 4.5

1 Like

Great positioning for this - I like the OOF framing that sets off the portrait. Nice butt, but oh those antlers. They’re encased, but only partially. Do they stay that way? Must google. What an interesting thing. I don’t know of any deer that inhabit places usually reserved for goats and ibex. What a cool thing. Such small ears for a deer, too. Thanks for sharing this new to me animal.

Ok, I see the antlers’ base is always furry like that and only the tips are bare. So interesting. Ah, nature.

1 Like

What a lovely look at this species. Such a cool animal.

Jagdeep, can you tell us what you used for processing? Looks like some Topaz work here for NR and possible sharpening (if it’s possible, the fur detail almost looks too fine)?

1 Like

Jagdeep, what an endearing little creature. I like the back-to-front look. There is such beautry at both ends of the animal. Thanks for sharing this with us.

1 Like

Jagdeep I love the colors and the details. I’m struggling with the OOF foreground and lack of clear footspace for the deer. Those antlers are really interesting, and the catchlight and look in the eye are excellent.

1 Like

Thanks friends !
@Max_Waugh you guessed it already, it is indeed Topaz for NR and sharpening as well. In fact this image happened to surprise me. that’s why I posted a slightly larger version than what I normally post.

1 Like