Male Golden-browed Chlorophonia

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Quite a bit busier environment than the female though on the same species of shrub. This was about the clearest shot I managed. I had a more horizontal pose, but it required a lot more repair getting rid of ugly out of focus stuff.

Specific Feedback

Too busy? It doesn’t feel that way to me as this is what they like to feed on and I think the behavior makes it work.

Technical Details

Sony A1, FE 200-600 + 1.4 TC @ 832 mm, monopod, f/9, 1/1000, iso 3200, manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. A fair amount of cleanup on the background here and there and some accenting of the bird to make it pop a bit. Freehand vignette on the background using the TK panel. Taken on February 15th at 12:12 PM local time at Paraiso Quetzal Lodge, Costa Rica.

1 Like

Hi Dennis, I like this look of the bird feeding in habitat. Really interesting shot with the berry stuffed in his mouth. Beautiful bird. I thought I might have noticed some artifacts to the right of the bird’s head but even so they would be very, very minor. Nice catch of this beauty!

Great colors and detail in this pretty bird. A pleasing habitat shot. I like the composition.

Wonderful photo of a beautiful bird. No, I don’t think this is too busy. My eyes were immediately drawn to the bird with the berry. If anything, perhaps cropping a bit more at the bottom might make the bird more prominent.