Male Western Bluebird

Another from yesterday morning. This is on one of our native oaks and they’re pretty messy so there was a fair amount of cloning to get rid of straggly twigs.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Anything you notice.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

I was having difficulty with the composition on this one. Any input would be appreciated.

Any pertinent technical details:

7DII, Sigma 150-600 C @ 600 mm, hand held, f/8, 1/1000, iso 800, manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. Cropped to an 8.6 MP 6x7 vertical. Taken at 9:45 am yesterday.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Very nice Dennis, the light and Bg are nice, the dangling leave add perch interest.
I see a couple minor cloning artifacts, easy to fix.
We don’t get these in my urban area, I envy you.

Thanks, Dan. Don’t know how I missed those. I’ll have to go back and clean them up. We do get quite a few different species on our little piece of prairie, but we do miss some of the woodland birds.

Here’s a repost that hopefully caught the most egregious of the processing artifacts.

I think you did a good job on the comp. I like the perch pointing to the right corner and position of the bird. Nice and sharp with great bg. Y’all have good eyes. I didn’t notice the cloning artifacts.

Hello, Dennis - wonderful bird against a pleasant background - you did a great job on that ! Cheers, Hans