Marshall Pass at Storm's Edge

A late Summer view of Marshall Pass (as seen from Thompson Pass) as a storm front passes over the valley. This is a 4k image so click twice for more presence and greater detail.

Two photos stitched into this panorama. All frames: Sony a6300, SEL1670Z @ 16mm, ISO-100, f/13/0, 1/320 hand held.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

@garyminish

Beautiful big sky for a big landscape. Well done pano; the only thing I would have wished for was slightly more patch of blue in the upper right. Still , a lovely scene.

You have a wonderful pano here, especially for one that is hand held. The image shows off the grandeur of Alaska. My only nit is the block of water in the LLC. It seems to be a distraction to me that competes with the rest of the image. What do you think about this? Might you be able to clone in some of the foreground to fix this? I tinkered with the content-aware fill tool and came up with a decent, but not good enough result to post here.

Gary, you crafted an outstanding composition for this pano, I love the sweeping lines of the ridges that zig-zag through the scene. I also love the dappled light on the landscape. What great conditions you had this day.

This image looks like it might be a good candidate for a B&W conversion as well, given those clouds.

I was not familiar with Marshall Pass, so I looked it up. That road must have some tremendous views, based on looking at a map, and your image here.

Beautiful dramatic sky and scene. A real nice Alaska showcase. Love the depth to the image, too.