Master Builder

Sony A77II
Minolta 200mm macro
ISO 800, 1/60 @ f8
I woke up yesterday morning to a mild fog so I was hoping that I would get some dew on this spider web. I’ve been watching this orb weaver and this web for a couple of weeks now. There wasn’t a whole lot of dew but what I did get to watch was the spider steadily and methodically building the web. There was enough faint breeze that I had to discard a lot of shots but I felt this one was acceptable and I really liked the pattern of the web, the fading DOF and the colors of the BG. All comments welcome. >=))>

4 Likes

Bill, I like the way the dew makes the web more noticeable. I tried my hand at dew on the web this morning in the fog, but, but the time I got out there it was too breezy. All of mine were for the trash bin. We just have to keep trying. I like the way you placed this guy in the image, and how the background is out of focus nicely.

Very nice. I like the geometric patterns and the background colors are good. I like how the oof areas lead the eye to the spider. I could also see this as a nice abstract without the spider.

I really like the creative use of the DOF. A very effective shot. You might consider bringing up some of the shadow on the abdomen., but that’s a small thing. I really like the shot.

Bill, i love this new comp …and the color across the frame, and especially the play of light on the spider.

Beautiful
Balan Vinod

Bill, the eye flow, down the web to the spider, works very well here. The details in the spider stand out nicely also. Well done.

Bill, I really liked your point of view and how the eye is drawn down and back. Great shot!