Still Weaving

We have a bunch of orb weavers working in the garden but this guy is a little different than the small bodied short legged weavers. I don’t know the life cycle/expectancy of spiders but I shot this one or it’s sibling in late June in the same area. He/she was busy working on the web with a TiTi plant in the BG. Got lucky with good wind conditions but even then there were a bunch of stinkers. One keeper makes it all worth it. All comments welcome. >=))>

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Sony A7RIII
Minolta 200mm macro
ISO 400, 1/40 @ f8

Beautiful work, Bill. I really like the light behind the spider. It is definitely a keeper.

Bill, I love the color contrast of the spider against the flowers. Wonderful details in the spider. You are so right, one keeper makes it worth the while, and this one sure is.

You are so right, Bill, one keeper makes the whole effort worth while. Outstanding capture….from the complimentary colors in the spider against the background and the wonderful OOF backdrop. Very nicely seen.

What can I say that hasn’t already been said? Glad you can find some time to keep shooting. What a terrific spider. If you post a dorsal view I can have a go at an ID for you. As it is it’s pretty terrific. Great detail and positioning. The background is really eye-catching and sets it off well. One keeper is all it takes!

Great shot, Bill. A beautiful spider, and the web too is easily seen against that gorgeous background!

This is wonderful!! Great composition and detail on the spider and a fantastic BG!!

That is one scary looking dude. Excellent capture here, Bill… :+1:

That is an amazing photo Bill of this subject and I also love the background.