Me! Me! Pretty-Pretty Me!

With an occasional second Me! at the end is the song the White-crowned Sparrow sings in this neck of the woods and it is such a welcome song, heralding true spring weather. A very common bird that finds the trees planted in parking lots to be just fine habitat, it’s still one of my favorites.

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
A7Riv, FE200-600 + 1.4 TC @ 840 mm, hand held, f/9, 1/640, iso 800, manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. Not much done other than cropping and a few minor adjustments to the bird. Cropped to 5052x3402. Image taken at 7:33 this morning.

1 Like

Wonderful light and calling pose. Detail is superb. Haven’t seen anything new here except a few pine Siskin.

So many things to enjoy in this photo, Dennis. Love the little birds happy attitude and his song. The pine tree perch and the OOF limbs in the background put him in his environment very nicely. Great catch.

Hi, Dennis. I think this is better than a bird-on-a-stick capture, showing some of his environment, as well. Bird looks excellent and I really like his singing pose.

Hi Dennis,

You managed to get a very nice sniper shot through all of the spruce branches. Everything looks good and white crowned sparrows are good looking birds. Well done…Jim