Mew Chicks - Speak Softly & Carry a Big Stick #2

I had a great time this Spring, watching and photographing a family of Mew Gulls. The new chicks were quite lively and provided lots of entertainment and fun photos. This is one of my favorites of one of the chicks as it was investigating a rather large stick (for it’s size).

Specific Feedback Requested

Any feedback is appreciated.

Technical Details

Sony a6500, SEL200600G w/1.4TC @ 840 mm (1260 mm w/crop factor), ISO-640, f/9.0, 1/1250, hand held.

5 Likes

Absolutely adorable, Gary. Can’t imagine changing a thing.

That is just cool!
I’ve never seen anything like this.

I bet this would make a great greeting card with various captions.

In addition to your title, maybe something like: “Who you callin’ little?..and umm, what does Cute mean?”.
(Obviously there’s a reason I didn’t go into advertising as a career!) :slight_smile:

Love it :slight_smile:

Cute and sweet!! It does have a compelling look – some sort of definite intent that only it knows about. (Remember when we were all kids building forts???) Well done!

Only tiny suggestion is that I might clone out the two OOF things in the upper BG.

I agree with the positive comments. Definitely a winner. There is also a white dot mid right side. Perhaps remove along with those Diane mentioned?

As everyone already said, this is so adorable! You’ve captured a unique sighting, Gary. And at the same time it’s a perfect, action packed composition. Just beautiful.

The crop and negative space to the right is great. As humans we are always atracted to new life.
STeve

Yes, the innocence and new discovery are things that are precious to us all :grinning:

2 Likes