Moab

This is early evening in Moab right before a magnificent sunset sky appeared. I liked this composition because of the presentation of the scale in the green wedge.

Specific Feedback Requested

Does this composition work? How about the shadows in the RLC and LLC…a crop seemed to cut off too much of the greenery. Any comments welcome.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

2 Likes

It’s a pretty contrasty image but once again you have used to shadows cleverly as forms in the composition. In this case they are used to add additional layers. I’m not that bothered by the dark shadows in the two lower corners. I try to imagine this without a them and the rocks in bright sunshine and I think that would take attention away from the center of interest. Actually I would raise the shadows just a bit in those two corners. I like the composition very much though. I put it into a frame and it looks solid to me.

THank you Igor. A rework below taking into account a slight decreaase contrast, shadow work and frame. I like it…

I does look better. But the removal of the right shadow left some artifacts.

1 Like

I think it is a good compostion, and the shadows in both lower corners are not problematic at all for me. In fact, I think they act like a vignette and keep the eye pointed towards the center of the photo. I prefer the original.

Nice job on the rework, Mario. The shadows look much better IMO. It may be just me , but I could also see reducing the cyan saturation by about 20 points in the sky. Just my opinion of course. Nicely done.