Monet Mood

I went to this lake hoping there might be yellow lily blossoms. There were none, but I did find this scene. It was a pleasant surprise to see the rings in the water (probably a fish) when I went to edit it.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any feedback is appreciated.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

2 Likes

Wonderfully “Monet-ish,” Chris. Love how the reflections and the ripples add a painterly effect. Nicely seen and captured.

1 Like

Like this one a lot. The contrast between the sharp green areas of lily blossoms and the blur reflection parts is great. In addition to the water rings, I think the trunk reflection connecting the lily blossom parts add to the quality of the image. Your composition as a whole is very good.

1 Like

Good job capturing a dreamy mood with this image, Chris. I really enjoy viewing it and admittedly I’m still trying to decide if the reflection of the silver tree trunk/limb reflection in the upper left corner adds to my viewing or is a bit of a distraction. Either way, the image succeeds. Well done!

1 Like

Chris, this is a fine, slightly dreamy look at this pond…definitely Monetish. Those look like water shield leaves to me so there won’t be any nice big blooms, but that doesn’t detract from the view here. The reflections and the ripple rings add a nice balance. On my monitor, the brightness of the leaves adds a nice hint of softness, which fits the impressionist mood well.

1 Like

@Mark_Seaver , @Ric_Federico , @Ola_Jovall , @linda_mellor Thank you for your kind comments.