Moon over Law

Another image from my recent trip to Paso Robles. This morning had no fog so the moon was visible. A few clouds came in and caught the early light as the sun rose. It wasn’t up yet so the sky was still fairly dark. Glad I was still on Wisconsin time for this!

Just out of shot to the left are a collection of cisterns that hold the water for the guest house after it’s been trucked in, so including more that way was out. To the right was open space and a road and more vines. I have one other composition to compare, but I think this is strongest.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any feedback is welcome. It’s an unusual image, but I like it because I love Paso so much. If I didn’t tell you it was a vineyard, is it recognizable as such? We were there just after bud break so there weren’t a lot of leaves out yet.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Lumix G9
Lumix G Vario 12-35mm f/2.8 lens @ 16mm (32mm equiv.)
f/5 | .8 sec | ISO 200
Handheld

Lr processed for exposure and shadows management - graduated filter to darken some erosion control items in the bottom on the hill. Color management to accentuate pinks in the sky.

@the.wire.smith

Kris, this works well with the subtle colors in the sky and the moon nicely framed by the tree silhouettes. Looks like a fine start to a very pleasant morning.

Thanks Mark. It was a lovely day of wine tasting for sure!

Nice serene mood to this one. A fine start to a day of wine tasting. I always liked Windward Pinots from Paso. That area does reds rather well.

1 Like

Hi Kris, great shot. Really lovely colors in the sky;. There’s a good balance between the crops of both trees at the edge of the frame - if only one was cropped and the other showed the full tree it would look odd. I really like the fine detail of the vines in the silhouette … and the moon in the center of the frame created by the tree canopy … beautiful!

1 Like