More Roseate Spoonbills

A favorite spot of the Spoonbills:

Collecting a big stick for nesting:

A territorial dispute. The top bird pounced on the neck of the lower bird and pushed its head under water. The lower bird left the area after that…

Thought I’d share a few more Roseate images. These birds are not present in my home area of Tennessee so it’s a pleasure to see them when travelling to the rookeries of Louisiana.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Canon 90D, Sigma 150-600 C
ISO 400, f7.1, 1/3200s

Wonderful series, Allen. I rarely see images of Spoonbills, so this is an extra treat for me.

A nice series of Spoonbill photos, Allen. My travels to Florida put this interesting looking species my list. I like all the shots All are interesting shots. I like the looks at those long feathers in #s 1 and 3 and #2 at the bill. All look a bit too dark and I might open the shadows a bit in the background. Great action in #3.

All three images are excellent, Allen. The third has some really good interaction.

Very interesting birds in a wonderful setting, and a bit unsettling to see such gorgeous birds fighting!

Enjoyed seeing all three images. Each interesting in their own way. I do like the first image for the pose, contrasting colors, and environmental nature of the image.

Wow! That bright red color sure stands out, even against the busy background! All 3 images are excellent, with great stop action, exposure and colors. The first image is impressive with the wing feather display and would be the choice for hanging on a wall. The other two are more interesting in regards to telling a story and showing behaviors. I think my favorite is the fight scene.

A great opportunity and you obviously made the best of it!

Yes, these are impressive birds. Good job on the exposure, detail and colors. Middle image appears to be flashed. They certainly don’t come around my neighborhood.