Roseate Spoonbill

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

We saw these spoonbills in Louisiana last week. Always nice to photograph these beauties.

Specific Feedback

Any

Technical Details

Canon R7, 400mm f4 DO IS II, 1.4x extender III
first image: ISO 1600, f7.1, 1/2000s
second image: ISO 1600, f6.3, 1/2000s
third image: ISO 4000, f5.6, 1/1600s
hand held

Processed in DXO PureRaw 3 and Photoshop.

Critique Template

Use of the template is optional, but it can help spark ideas.

• Vision and Purpose:
  • Conceptual:
  • Emotional Impact and Mood:
  • Composition:
  • Balance and Visual Weight:
  • Depth and Dimension:
  • Color:
  • Lighting:
  • Processing:
  • Technical:
1 Like

Hi Allen
This is another one of my bucket list birds. All three Spoonbill are sharp, with good feather detail. Number 2 & 3 have more pop, because of the darker background. Nice. work.
Peter

Wow! Fantastic aerial shots of the spoonie Allen. These are some of my wife’s favorite birds. Their colors are amazing.

Great shots. I’m with Peter: a definite bucket list bird. The second one seems to pop the most against the background.

Well. You could go to Louisiana. But you can I also f find them in Costa Ricaind them in , which mi get be a lot more fun. Nice

Another lovely set of images from your trip, Allen. I certainly see why you like that area.

Very nice shots of and enviable subject matter (never seen one but I’d sure like to). I particularly like that second capture with its diffused, dark BG. I think it really works.