Roseate Spoonbill

Here’s one carrying a stick:

Saw these birds in the Louisiana rookeries last week.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any thoughts on the willow background? It’s a bit different than the more distant backgrounds I usually shoot. I kind of like it for the uniqueness and abstractness.

Technical Details

Canon 90D, Sigma 150-600 C
ISO 640, f6.3, 1/1600s

Very nice, but I prefer the second one for the wing position, showing the bright red more, and the stick. The background is fine and the color works well with the spoonbill. Nice images; I’m envious.

Hey, Allen, nice series of a species I haven’t seen photographed much. Well done with the capture.

I also prefer the second shot - because the BG is darker and softer. It’s also interesting to compare the head coloration of the two birds.

Both are excellent, Allen. My preference is for the first as I like the raised wings and the higher exposure.

Hi Allen
Some day, I will have to fly south to get a look at this birds you are showing us, very interesting shots. Did the sun go behind some clouds on the second shot? The detail and coloring are great on both photographs.
Peter

I’m jealous of your Spoonies!! Wonderful captures! The BG is subdued and interesting, but I prefer the slightly darker look in the second image, along with the wing position, but certainly nothing wrong with the first!