Morning Bee

Went the gardens near the house this morning to find a number of bees in the nice flowered bush. I used my 6D ii full frame and the 180 macro. This was at ISO 1250 1/500 f/20 with a diffused flash. The DOF is very tight so I think she turned her abdomen toward me just a bit so it got a little soft. This is how I cropped this photo image, there was more on top and to the right of the flower

Suggestions as always welcome

1 Like

Hello Dean,
I like the color in the flower and the detail in both the flower and the bee. The pollen on the leg is definitely a bonus. Thank you for sharing.
Regards,
Brian

Very nice, Dean. The color of the flower is definitely nice, making the bee stand out nicely. The bee is sharp where it needs to be. I like this shot.

1 Like

Dean: Good solid capture of the action and sharp around the eye and head where it needs to be. Very well done. >=))>

Curled abdomens are always tough to get in focus. Damselflies always roll to point their abdomen towards the photographer. The head with pollen grains is nice and sharp so the abdomen is a very minor nit. Well done…Jim