Morning doe.

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Testing my newly arrived Canon RF 200-800mm. Was driving to Funks Grove when 3 does crossed the road in front of me, but only moved a short distance away. Was able to get several shots from my car.
Funks Grove is heavily wooded with thick under growth, lots of twigs.

Specific Feedback

Overalll composition, this is a crop from nearly a full figure image of the deer. Used Topaz to reduce noise and sharpen. Too much or not enough?

Technical Details

Canon R-5, RF 200mm-800mm, @ 800mm. 1/800 F-10 ISO 5000. Hand held from car.

John. The light and color and sharpness seem to be good, but it seems to have some OOF twigs going across the face which really detracts from the overall quality of the image for my tastes.

Indeed the twigs is what I like about this picture. It is a natural behaviour of these animals to hide in the woods, so I think the twigs makes your image somehow authentic. From my own tries (and mostly errors), I know how difficult it is to find the right focus within the boscage. So I really admire this one for its sharpness. You obviously got the focus right. Well done!