Morning Light

In a hilly area in the morning as the sun was down and creating vertical shadows I started to draw tight frames to bring out some minimalism.
200mm on crop sensor, ISO160, f/7,1, 1/500sec

What technical feedback would you like if any?

It’s too soft from processing?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

I am looking for any advice.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

Anghel: I do like the play of light and shadow. I like how you’ve taken a somewhat uninspiring scene and used the light to create a very fine image. Good eye and superb capture. >=))>

1 Like

Thank you for your appreciation.

I really like this. It reminds me of a painting. Did you try cropping off the left edge to emphasize the two well rendered trees? Normally I might like a third or fourth tree, but here, the simplicity and resonance of a pair would elevate the shot in my opinion.
ML

Your goal of isolating minimalism worked well. I love the splash of light and the shadows creeping in from the top. The vignette is a little heavy for my taste, and I probably would back off on the softness just a little.

@Marylynne_Diggs, @John_Williams Thanks for your advise. I will try to crop more to remove the left side and reduce the vignette.