Morning View

This is what a Korean spider can wake up to in October.

Specific Feedback Requested

Taken a couple of years ago - the hardest part was getting a lot of these dewdrops in focus. The second hardest was reducing noise.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
D7100 + 105mm macro lens. f13 1/320 ISO 800

Cropping, Shadows and Highlights in PS. Recent NR in Imagenomic Noiseware (in this case better that Topaz Denoise), and sharpening in Topaz Sharpen.

4 Likes

Beautiful sea of dew drops. Good one for the challenge.

Mike, your dew covered spider web looks great. You did good with lots of drops nicely sharp. Yes, getting enough of the drops in focus is a challenge with webs like this, I often will shoot a stack for a view like this.

Lovely and great job keeping the refracted light so clear.

That is a lot of water droplets on that web, Mike. It shows how tough those spider webs are to hold that much water. Nice job in the capture of it.

Great capture, Mike. Love the detail you’ve gotten. Very nicely done.

Mike, these are usually a bit hard to find and photograph. And this one is especially nice. Zooming in gives a hint of the reflection of you taking the image too. A really fun image… :sunglasses:

HI Mike
I seldom see that many water droplets on a spider web and in focus. Very cool.
Peter

Mike: I love dew covered webs but they can be a bear to capture well since the least zephyr will move them which seems to me to make stacking a really tough option. Really nice find and a superbly crafted shot. >=))>