A dewed ground web

The woodland spiders that make fall walks in the woods “stickey” are largely absent this year, but there were a number of ground spiders whose webs get very well covered with dew in the grassy area next door. This is a 7 shot stack, to get lots of drops sharp, while softening the grass etc. an inch or two below the web. (7D2, 180 mm macro, 1/40 s, f/10, iso 400, tripod)

2 Likes

Dewd! This is a really cool abstract! The drop pattern broken up by the botanical stuff underneath really makes this work.

Oh wow, Mark, this is way too cool. Love all the droplets of dew, and the refractions in some that show up nicely. As David mentioned too, the different pattern breaks with the botanical growth beneath, it just makes this image spectacular. Well done. :+1: :+1:

Mark, submit this to a competition. This is hands down one of the best image I have ever seen this year. Super super cool.

Mark, I so agree with the other comments, this just an amazing photo. It looks like you shot/stacked every single water droplet. Wonderful image.

Very cool, Mark. An amazing array of drops, and you did a great job using the focus stack on them. I really like the lighting as well.

Mark: What a wonderful find and an equally fine capture and presentation. Many :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:>=))>

Mark,
I have always been amazed at your ability to see photo opportunities in things that most people would overlook. I agree with the previous comments and really appreciate your compositional choices in this image.