Pearls of Dew

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

While crossing a foot bridge at a local park on a foggy autumn morning, I encountered this glorious web.

Specific Feedback

Any feedback is welcome.

Technical Details

1 sec. @f3.2, ISO 400

2 Likes

This is gorgeous, Chris. Dewy spider webs are a favorite fall subject of mine and it’s really tough to get all the edges sharp. This one looks perfect. I like the black and white-something I never thought of for this subject.

WOW! And you got so much in the focal plane! B/W looks wonderful!

This is awesome, Chris! :slight_smile:

I knew what it was in the thumbnail but for me it seemed to appear as though this was shot at an angle rather than parallel to the sensor, and it still does even in full screen mode, maybe it’s the weight of all of the waterdrops causing the silk to droop like it is?

I like how the little strand of silk in the center at the top is holding up so much weight, forming a “W” shape.
It looks more like glass beads because of how clear the waterdrops are.
The BG is dark with subtle highlights and that sets it off nicely… that…and the lighting! :slight_smile:

Well done and thanks for sharing!

Wow, nicely seen and captured Chris, and I like your B&W interpretation. Reminds me of the old Glen Miller song, “String of Pearls”. As others have mentioned, looks very sharp edge to edge and the large drop in the center is a bonus. What makes this work, of course, is the BG and lighting, both of which make the necklace sparkle.

@Merv @Dennis_Plank @Jim_Lockhart @Diane_Miller Thank you for your kind comments and feedback.

@Jim_Lockhart Thanks, Jim.

Such a nice shot of these little water droplets on a spider web, Chris. I meant to comment earlier but got side tracked. You really did a fine job getting most of the drops in focus. Not easy to do.

@Shirley_Freeman Thank you for your cemment!

Man, you discovered a web of jewels. Well captured, Chris!
(Now I know you like sparkly things as well as pastels!)

Thanks, Mark!

I absolutely love coming to a spider web dipped in dew. This is just gorgeous and I love everything about it.

Thank you very much.