Morning Walk

Spring morning on the Tierra del Mar beach on the Oregon coast.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

This just has a nice feel to it, Terri. It looks like the perfect morning to take a stroll along the beach with man’s best friend. The processing looks great as does the color palette in the image. I could see cropping a little from the left along with a bit from the bottom; just my personal preference. I think that would zero in on the person and the two dogs a little more. Just a thought because this is lovely as is.

Thank you Ed for your feedback. Very much appreciated.

A very pleasing scene with a great mood, Teri! Exposure, colors and clarity are all superb and the human/dog element really builds the mood. It’s especially nice when you view the large version as it adds much more presence. I think I agree with Ed’s suggestion for cropping. It’s a little heavy on the left side. I would keep the proportions and bring the lower left corner up to the point where the base of the rock breaks to the left.

Teri, this is a warmly inviting scene, with the dog walker and fine light. It also has a strong “you are here” presence. I like the long lead in of the shadow and the ripples in the sand. I like this as it’s presented, but that’s a statement about how each viewer brings their own perspective and in the long run, you are the most important viewer. PS, I’ve added the wc number tag, which helps find these related images in the future.

I agree with Mark here, Teri. It does have that feeling of being there. Not an easy thing to do. I like it as presented as well.

Terri: Makes me want to be there; well actually I have been there and this makes me want to go back. I can see the crop suggestions but like this as is. Well done. >=))>

Teri,

Something so peaceful and rewarding taking a quiet walk on the beach. This captures that mood and feeling perfectly.

The small version seems a little dark on the left, but this one opens up nicely in the large view. I might agree with a slight crop off the left, but that’s minor.

A wonderful capture and moment.

Lon

Thank you Gary for your feedback. I am going to give your suggestion a try.

Cheers!

Thank you Mark for viewing my image and giving me feedback. I am new to the site and would like to know what a wc number tag is?

Cheers!

Thank you Gary for commenting on my photo.

Cheers!

Thank you Bill. I love those early morning beach walks.

Thank you Lon for viewing and commenting on my photo.

Cheers!

@teri glad to have you participating. The WC tag number is that extra bit at the top where is shows 907-beach-scenes. If you post to landscape, the site software makes you add a “tag”. Here in weekly challenge, you’re not forced to add one, but it makes it easy for a viewer to find photos posted in response to a particular challenge. If you (or especially me, when I’m making my editor’s pick), click on the tag, you’ll only see images posted to that particular topic.

Thank you for answering my question.

I tried your crop suggestion and I like what it did for the image. Thank you for that suggestion.

Cheers!