My escape

Since we are not escaping to any exotic places anytime soon, this local nature trail is my escape.

I took this back in June around 8:30am. It was still fairly dark due to all the over growth. What I love about this image is how it just happened. Since it was dark I flip to auto ISO just to see what I could get. It was also quite humid and I had just begun my walk and my camera was still cool from the AC in the car. . . so of course, the lens kept fogging up and I kept trying to warm it up and wiping off the lens. Finally, I took the hint and just let it be fogged up - but did wipe a bit down the middle of the lens.

For me, nothing about the settings are ideal, but I still love the idea of the image, the trail and the solitude I feel when I am there. Used ACR linear profile/auto and that it.
How does it feel to you?? Any other thoughts or comments??

Nikon D7200, f5.0, 1/200, iso 3200 @28mm, handheld.

1 Like

I really like this image, Linda! I like the trail winding away through the trees. And I kind of like the haze/fog from your camera in the foreground. I think it gives it a dream like look.

1 Like

What a cool place, Linda. You are lucky to have it so close. I like the idea of this, but the extreme fogginess doesn’t work for me. It looks like the mistake it was and I know you tried to make the best of it. If you have more with a clear lens, I’m all for those. I can never resist a trail shot, especially one so pretty as this.

1 Like

Linda, the well maintained path winding through all of the green looks very inviting…a lovely place to stroll.

1 Like

I love the soft focus technique here, Linda. Gives it a bit of a storybook feel.

1 Like

Excellent comp and concept here. The leading path and oof areas really make it work.

1 Like

Thanks @Vanessa_Hill, @Kris_Smith, @Mark_Seaver, @David_Bostock and @David_Schoen for taking the time to comment and for your thoughts. I agree it isn’t the “normal” way an image like this would be taken . . . but hey. . .it was the mood I was in at the time. Thanks again.

1 Like