My Garden

In Camera ICM with a little bit of Topaz. Any comment fair game. My garden is finally blooming a bit so am having some fun.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Hi Kathy,
I love this! It attracted me instantly…like an impressionist painting. May I ask what an “in camera ICM” is? Did you move the camera to achieve the blurry movement?

Thank you!! I used a neutral density filter and moved the camera deliberately but just a wee bit. I think the shutter was at 2 seconds. Experimenting with this is really fun. This was taken in noon time light. I did some others last night at dusk. Had the shutter open longer for those.

I meant to say in the last post that ICM is “intentional camera movement”. I am not at my computer so harder to reply on phone at least for me!

Thanks for your info on technique and ICM! I am inspired by this photo to try it in our garden. I will need the neutral density filter as well here in California. We have such bright sun during the day.

Kathy: I haven’t done any ICM in quite a while so you’re inspiring me. What I love about it is that you have no idea how it will turn out. Many years ago I did some with film so when it came back my emotions ran the gamut from :partying_face: to :nauseated_face:. This is marvelous. Hope you have some more. >=))>

1 Like

Kathy, I love this as well. Like Ann Louise said, it is like an impressionist painting. I don’t know why I haven’t thought about trying that lately, as I keep complaining that it is too breezing to shoot (mainly trying to get bees, etc., in the flower garden. Well, breeze shouldn’t bother using this technique. Raining today, so will have to wait. Lovely image.

1 Like

Beautiful impressionistic image. Just enough shake to create the effect. This inspires me to try some of these.