My Good Side

Redtail on a post. Bright day.

Specific Feedback Requested

any

Technical Details

Iso 400, 500 pf, 2500th, f7.1, D500

4 Likes

That is one well-fed raptor. Or maybe it just fluffed up those feathers. Either way I like that the tail is visible. Sometimes red tails hide their light under bushels. I see what looks like dried blood on those talons, so maybe it isn’t all just feathers. I don’t know how I feel about the stick down there. It’s a bit distracting, but whether you remove it is your decision although it would be pretty easy to do. I could see upping a bit of the mid tone contrast in the bird itself, too, another thing that will be easy with today’s masking tools. Super catch. I always see them doing this when I have no camera or no time!!

Very cool, David. Redtails are quite prevalent in our local Refuge and they certainly love to perch on this posts. I think the pose is quite nice, looking back at you. Well done. I might clone out that one stray grass in front of the post, but that’s really minor.

1 Like

I like the pose, David, and the angle to the light is perfect. I agree with cloning out the whatever it is in front of the post.

1 Like

Hi David,
I really like the way this Redtail is framed along with the head tilt and the talons.
It certainly has the look of power.
I think what I like the most about the BG is that it’s heavily blurred but I can still get a feel for what the BG is, f7.1 was a good choice in my opinion. Is that a stream just beyond the bush, and the little curved section in the LR corner?
The details on the Redtail are awesome.