My new territory

Early foggy morning, Sun from the left, light freezing . At the dunes near the sea.

Type of Critique Requested

• Aesthetic: Feedback on the overall visual appeal of the image, including its color, lighting, cropping, and composition.
  • Technical: Feedback on the technical aspects of the image, such as exposure, color, focus and reproduction of colors and details, post-processing, and print quality.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

This image is for me the most difficult to develop ever ! I cannot decide to when its done ,

Technical Details

F11, 1/60, iso 125, 70-200 at 200mm

The original image

Ooooh, gorgeous!! I’m glad you posted the unedited version, as I prefer it to the edited one. The edited one feels too contrasty for the scene. The low contrast of the original feels more authentic, but that could be my preference for low contrast speaking. This speaks to me of a quiet early morning. I can feel the silence.

The color of the edited version is interesting. The greenish shadows accentuate the cold feeling. How about warming up just the brightest lights? Here’s my idea:

2 Likes

Hello Ben,
what a beautiful scene.
The low light is gorgeous.
i do agree with Bonnie; your image looks to contrasty.

1 Like

Interesting to read @Bonnie_Lampley 's comments as, prior to reading the comments, I was thinking how much I prefer the processing in the original. I find the original has a very vibrant high key look that really pulls me in and fully engages me. Bonnie’s version nails it for me.

1 Like

@Bonnie_Lampley , @joaoquintela , @Harley_Goldman . There were so many possibilities I tried. As I said I found this a difficult image to develop .Bonnie you showed me the right way. And put me on the right track. Also with your rework.
I now did make a rework myself that gives me a good feeling. Thank you all !!
Ben

My Rework. hope you all like it.

4 Likes

Been,

Ahhh, the light. The sweet light. This is gorgeous.

I do agree however that the original post maybe seems a bit heavy, if that makes sense. Your repost nails it. Thanks for taking the time and consideration of the comments.

I have no further suggestions. I can only imagine your outing as I have no doubt you captured many such beauties on this day. Thanks for sharing.

Lon

@Lon_Overacker , Lon. I didn’t know how to develop this image. And yes there are more like this one for me to work on.
Thank you again for your comment witch helps me to go on ! :blush:

1 Like

A gorgeous scene! I love Bonnie’s suggestion and your final image! I rarely have enough time to comment here, but I’m always fascinated by your images. I’m looking forward to more from this outing.

I, too, liked the original post a lot. The bush in the lower right is overwhelming though. What about something like this. I don’t think a high key look is necessary for this image. There is some beautiful texture that is lost in the process.

Igor,Thank you for your attention, meaning and rework. I am as always happy with it .