Natural curtain

With less autumn colors it’s still a beautiful place.

What technical feedback would you like if any?All feedback is welcome

What artistic feedback would you like if any?All feedback is welcome

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

F11, 1/8, iso64, 70-200 lens at175mm

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
4 Likes

I like this Ben.

For me the image has an eerie mood and the splash of highlights compliment a low key scene.

I’d personally remove the leaf in the water in the lower centre but that nit picking

Joseph Conrad’s the Heart of Darkness.

This image has the spirit of that book. Well done.

Well Ben, you certainly mined this location for all its worth. The warm side light on the right edges of the trees creates a wonderful effect. The somber mood in this image would be a fitting end to this series.

After seeing what you did with Lon’s image, I just couldn’t resist adding this “photo art” rendering of your scene. Obviously the laws of physics were suspended in this rework, with light coming from two directions :laughing:

Another one with fine mood and light, Ben, and I start to recognize your images before I read the name of the maker :wink:

1 Like

Oh, so wonderful. That golden light is gorgeous.

What a mood! Not sure what to feel here, but this is rich indeed! It’s just a little ominous for me in that the overhanging branch obstructs the view further in to the scene. Very powerful image to my eye!

Only nit is the reflected light on some of the tree trunks ton the right seem brighter than the ones above.

I agree with @Han_Schutten that I could tell this was yours right away…I wonder what this collection of images has taught you about yourself? Cool stuff! Thanks for sharing as always!

Ben, this is very nicely dark, mysterious and inviting. The highlights scattered throughout are delightful. I’m finding the dark blue/green sheen in the distance a bit too strong (maybe a subtle desaturation of that area…), but that’s my view, not necessarily yours. Overall, I really like this view.

Ben,

So consistent with most all your work - the beauty in the light and the mood, atmosphere and mystery you capture continues to amaze.

The light on the trunks is just plain beautiful.

The trunk on the left is somewhat awkward - unexplainably. but the symmetry of the reflection and it’s framing of the left really becomes an asset here.

Another wonderful sight… Kudos.

Lon

@Ed_McGuirk. Ed, I love your rework !!

@Lon_Overacker, @Ed_McGuirk, @Igor_Doncov, @Bonnie_Lampley, @Nathan_Klein, @Mark_Seaver, @Lon_Overacker, @Han_Schutten, Thank you all so much for all these positive comments. I begin to feel like a photographer !!