Nature in the Helsinki City (5 image series)

Last week I participated in a city photography workshop in Helsinki, Finland, held by the two local photographers Peter Forsgård and Matti Sulanto. A great workshop! The focus was on storytelling with 5 images. I have no experience of neither city (or street) photography nor storytelling, so this was very challenging but also a lot of fun! Each of us participants decided by our selves what story to tell and what images to finally chose. The images chosen where not always the best ones, but the ones that best fitted the story. So, sometimes you had to “kill your darlings”. Not that easy! My story was “Nature in the city” showing nature in different types of areas in the city (public, working, residential, abandoned and seafront areas).

Specific Feedback Requested

This type of images does not fit that well with this community, but if anyone wants to give comments they are very much appreciated!

Technical Details

Travel camera Olympus PEN E-P7 with 12, 25 or 75 mm (24, 50 and 150 mm equivalent) fixed lenses.

COVER IMAGE

5 IMAGE SERIES

Ola, what a wonderful series and story. This fits perfectly in the Non-Nature category (more like humanity in nature). So this is so fun. All of them tell the story, but image one and two are, in my mind the best at telling the story. The woman/girl reading her phone amidst all the nature is wonderful. And the one with nature reflecting in the window, wow, what a compelling image.

All of them are wonderful, Ola. Thanks for sharing the story.

@David_Bostock thanks for your kind comments!