Near perfect leaf

I am in the process of reducing the amount of photo gear I have. Was in Funks Grove using the RF 16mm and the Canon EF-S 10-18mm. After comparing results I decided to keep both. As I was returning to my car I noticed this nearly perfect leaf lying on the lot. Liked the light on it and the shadow, so used my RF-100-400mm to photograph it.

Specific Feedback Requested

Just thought it was odd, was testing wide angle lenses but used a telephoto for this shot.

Technical Details

Canon R 10, Canon RF 100-400mm @ 100mm. 1/320 @ 6.3 ISO 125. Hand held.

Oh I’m a sucker for a single leaf photo! The shadow is a nice touch, too. Not a big fan of the pavement background, but I think I’ve got one in my leaf photo collection that was taken in my driveway, so sometimes you have to work with what you have. What’s puzzling is that nothing in the photo is in focus. When this happens to me it’s usually because I’m too close with my 100-400 and I didn’t notice in the viewfinder that it wasn’t going to be in focus.

Not sure why you say it is not in focus. On my computer it looks sharp.

It may be an issue with jpeg conversion. Sorry. It looks completely soft here on the NPN thread. I haven’t seen that happen often if ever.