Nesting Ospreys

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any/All

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any/All

Any pertinent technical details: I caught this “moment” from an observation tower overlooking a beach down in Naples, Florida. I enjoyed that I was at eye level with a nearby active Osprey nest. I used my D500, Nikon 2-500mm lens, 1/6400th, f/5.6, 500mm, ISO 640, hand held, cropped to 2644 x 2677.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Good detail and exposure, Dave, and cool “action”. I don’t know what your looked like, but a bit more room on both sides of the birds would be helpful, particularly in front. It’s always tempting to crop tight, but a bit of room in the frame for the birds to move around is helpful. Otherwise , they start to look like they’re in a virtual cage.

This is exactly the input I need! Stuff like closer is not always better. I took a look at this shot and, indeed I do have room to spread out the crop and it does make it read better. Thanks.

Hi Dave,
Nice capture of this behavior and I agree with Dennis’ suggestion of a looser crop. I’m wondering if you have a frame with a better view of the female’s head/eye. Still a nice catch of the action.

Ummm…not “nesting”, but nice interaction! :grin:
Tough to catch both birds in good poses with eyes and heads visible.
I agree with more room all around.
Very nice image!
Sandy

I wish the female would’ve raised her head but she never did. I watched them do this act twice and not once did she strike any pose but this one. Oh, and I had no room to expand the crop on the right. I tend to agree on all comments, yep.