Newly hatched Shadow Darner

This Shadow Darner hatched from my pond. There was something wrong because it hung here beside it’s exoskeleton for three days. I don’t know if it finally flew away or got eaten, it wasn’t floating in the pond. This is a 19 shot stack to get the df sharp. Cropped to 8.5 x 11 (R5, 100-500 @ 428, 1/250 s, f/9, iso 1600, tripod)

1 Like

Mark, what an amazing shot! I love the lighting shining through the exoskeleton and leaf. I hope the Darner is okay and moved on when you weren’t looking. Excellent shot and I can’t think of a thing that would improve it.

Mark,

I can provide with no nits and like this one as presented. You handled the backlighting quite well and the patterns of brightness on the wings are excellent. Awesome image…Jim

Nice one Mark. As Shirley and Jim stated, the lighting is handled quite well. Love the light coming through the wings and leaf. Interesting patterns on this dragonfly. well done.

Wonderful – all said above!! Interesting how the stacking handled the BG – flowing water? A nice abstract effect.

Mark: Great capture of the moment although apparently it lasted for some time. Wonderful light and awesome detail. Many kudos :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:>=))>

Simply great! I had to read carefully to understand how you could get a stack on a creature that could move on a plant that could move. Nice find and working method.