Northern Flicker female

Just close enough but still to far away. This is 11.5% of full frame or 7 out of 61 MP.

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
iso 1600, 400 plus 2X, f5.6, 2500th, tripod, A7R4

2 Likes

Well the image quality was great to handle that crop. I love the colors and textures in this. Lots of detail showing off those beautiful patterns.

Incredible detail, David. Plus I like the muted browns and beiges. Nice job.

Good technique plus 61 mp and you got lots of nice detail in the flicker in a large crop. Very nice setting with nice warm colors. I would remove the one blob of whitewash. Nice pose.

Excellent detail and background, David. Amazingly so for that large a crop. You really nailed the focus.

Gorgeous capture with great detail and the next color-coordinated BG!

I’d say you nailed it pretty well. Nice pose and good detail; an interesting perch against a complementary background.

Beautiful feather details! I don’t think I’ve ever seen the feathers like that on a Flicker before! Love the whole composition of the photo.

Unbelievable what you can achieve with such a huge crop - I couldn’t have told from the image (okay, online display is always a little tricky, but still…). Love the composition and the colors as well. Nice one ! Best, Hans