Northern Flicker Red-shafted Female

I think I took this photo just before the male photo I posted yesterday. Both birds were about same distance from camera. From looking at camera settings I had been hoping for something to fly by and stall out in the wind. It seems in this image there is more fine detail and easier to process for and also more noise due to ISO. SS may account for better detail.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

I am curious if noise in bird is visible .

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
7DII, 700mm, f/5.6, 1/1250, ISO 3200 This 95% oof a vertical cropped from a horizontal shot. I cloned out a twig or two on right side and some white washing. There are always Flickers around but do tend to congregate a bit in winter. They can be shy but will often end up flying onto a nearby perch when I am standing and looking around.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Very nice, David. I like the pose and the perch and the background is excellent. At the larges size, I can tell that there’s some noise in the bird, but it’s certainly not objectionable. Printed or viewed on line at any reasonable scale and distance, it wouldn’t be noticeable.

Nice look at the flicker and I really like how the perch and bg colors complementary with the flicker. Noise isn’t bad. Nice capture.

You did very well with this shy bird…PP looks good, noise is not bad. I go for sharpness over
noise anytime on the subject and the bird is sharp. I think you could denoise the BG more.
I like the perch a lot.