Nubble Light in B&W

Description:

This was from a two day shoot back in February of Nubble Light in York, ME. The weather forecast was for snow so Mike and I made the 8 hr trip and were rewarded with; you guessed it; no snow. The lighting was really flat so I went with B&W for several of the images that I liked. On the plus side there was one morning where we had some nice wave action.

I hope everyone has a safe and joyous holiday!

Specific Feedback Requested:

I am relatively pleased overall with the image, but if you notice anything let me know.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Is this a composite?
No

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
3 Likes

Ed, the high contrast sets up a fine near/far balance here. The wave action along the shore looks good and it’s great that the “storm” gave you lots of texture in the sky. This is a fine take away from an 8 hour trek.

That lighthouse is so photogenic. It seems like a good place to shoot under different weather conditions

Looks like you made the best of it with the conditions you were dealt. I like the mood and composition, I could see this as a background for a Stephen King movie poster! :zombie: