Stormy Nubble Light

This was a very windy stormy morning at Nubble Light in York, ME so I decided to go with B&W as the color was just not happening. Needless to say I was wiping off the front element of the lens quite often. I know this is a little left heavy, but I am hoping the crashing wave on the right side helps to balance that out. Looking back I wish I had included a little more on the bottom and left sides, so maybe adding a little canvas is in the future.

As always thanks for taking a moment to leave a thought.

Specific Feedback Requested

All C&C welcome.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D200, Nikon 28-70 @ 28mm, f 22 @ 0.6 sec, ISO 200, cable release & tripod

1 Like

Good look at a stormy day with this lighthouse. I agree about adding a little on the bottom and given the stormy conditions, I find myself wanting to see more of the sky. The balance looks fine to my eye otherwise.

Ed, this is a fine stormy catch. I like how clear the lighthouse is and how that contrasts with the big splash and flow at the bottom. That “little” splash on the right adds a good touch of balance.

More nostalgia for the home states. Such a popular subject. I like the monochrome treatment and the wave action. It is a little left heavy, but there aren’t many other ways to shoot the Nubs.