Nurture

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

The shapes in “Nurture” reminded me of a mother’s vigilant care, as if the earth itself has taken on the role of protector, sheltering an infant in the sanctuary of Bouddi’s ancient terrain.

Specific Feedback

Any feedback welcome.

Technical Details

30 mm at ISO 320 and 1⁄1250sec at ƒ/8

1 Like

Beautiful abstract madona. To me this seems pretty perfect as is, I love the composition around the arches, the rich texture and the suble tonality without exessive contrast. It screems ‘big print’ to me --I can picture this as a wall sizeed print dominating a minimally furnished room.

1 Like

A beautiful image, Saundie. I certainly see where you got the title and interpretation. I can’t think of anything that I’d change.

1 Like

The shapes and textures look great, especially the grainy structure. There’s a fine sense of vertical movement. The small bit of light grey against the left edge is a minor distraction that could be burned-in or cloned out.

1 Like

Thanks Mark, appreciate you picking that up for me. :pray:

Thanks Dennis no changes is the ultimate compliment for me! :+1:

Thanks Tomas, it is Madonnarish! Big print sounds good to me as well. :+1:

A truly beautiful abstract Saundie! The repeating arches and depth in this image is great. The title is spot on.

1 Like

Thanks Alfredo much appreciated! :pray:

I love the flowing lines in your abstract Don, and even without the title the image reminds me of a cradle. Nice even lighting reveals all the nooks and crannies waiting to be explored.

Thanks Jim appreciate the feedback! :+1: @Jim_Lockhart