Terra Incognita

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

It’s as if we’ve caught the earth doodling in the sand, crafting patterns that feel both ancient and alive. Just a patch of ground telling tales of the ages for those who take a moment to look.

Specific Feedback

Any feedback welcome

Technical Details

18 mm at ISO 320 and 1⁄1250sec at ƒ/8

I really like the indentations in the right two-thirds of the frame, Saundie. It looks like they continue off the right edge, and I’d love to see the frame filled with them. Looked at as a whole from a distance, the composition works well, but when I’m close into it, the stuff on the left has less interest for me.

Thanks Dennis, I’m sure I have more of this, I’ll see what I can dig up. Thanks for the feedback! :pray:

Another very cool one!! The composition to the left of the diagonal “seam” is very intriguing. I’m betting there is another frame with more on the right but I think with this one it is cool enough as is.

1 Like

@Diane_Miller @Dennis_Plank
Thanks Diane and Dennis, I did have another shot just the wrong one I got closer, really going to have to get out again, thanks again for the feedback!

1 Like

I love this one Saundie!

Saundie, the patterns here are fantastic! While the image does feel a bit right side heavy, I think the circular patterns and that brighter triangular shape on the left help to balance the overall composition. I like the tension of image created by the shapes and those wonderful indentations on the right edge.

It might be worthwhile to see how the perspective changes if the image was in a vertical orientation.